Thursday, July 2, 2009

neat installation...



Head On
Deutsche Guggenheim, Berlin, Germany 
2006 

OK, so I found this picture in the new edition of the Art Now book.  (They have a copy of it in the library) I just thought it was really interesting. Especially going with our current thoughts of repetition and how objects take on a entire new idea in mass amounts... These are wolves, but in the way they are arranged, my initial thought wasn't "oh, gee, look at all of those wolves." Though I did notice they were wolves it was more interesting to look at the movement of the objects. It is like they are rushing only to run into the glass wall. Not to mention that they are suspended in the air and by no obvious means. Just thought I'd share... Really neat stuff. 


1 comment:

  1. Good find, Carissa. I hear you have been a regular at the library! Cai Guo-Qiang's work was on view last year at the Guggenheim in NYC - including this piece situated in the midst of that spiraling architecture. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete